After a winning collegiate track career at Clemson and University of Connecticut Mark moved to Berkeley, California In 2006 to train for the 2008 and 2012 Olympic Trials in the Men’s Decathlon. Mark was part of 3 USA Decathlon teams competing against Germany in the Thorpe Cup 2010 & 2011 and also representing the USA in 2011 at the Pan American Games held in Mexico.
- USA Decathlon Team member 3X 2010, 2011
- Thorpe Cup Team USA 2010, 2011
- USA Decathlon Pan American Games 2011
- USA Track & Field Outdoor Championships top 10 finisher 2010 (#9) & 2011 (#5)
- Big East Conference Track & Field Champion at University of Connecticut
- ACC Conference Track & Field Champion at Clemson University
Passionately committed to the acceleration of progress, Mark is constantly learning to expand his ability to deliver the pinnacle of wellness intelligence to the MJ Method community. In the pursuit of excellence, Mark has sought to redefine the wellness culture by fine-tuning and synthesizing the vast amounts of information scattered across the web, resulting in potent lessons on living well. Mark has trained to acquire a comprehensive list of certifications to ensure the quality of his fitness and wellness programs.
Certifications and Accolades:
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist, CSCS
- StrongFirst SFG Kettlebell Instructor Level 1
- Precision Nutrition Level 2
- Lifestyle Management & Wellness Coach
- USA Sports Performance Coach Level 1
- USA Track and Field Coach Level 1
- Nutritional Specialist Certified, NSC
- TRX Suspension Trainer since 2007
- TRX Group Exercise Certified
- TRX Sports Medicine Certified
- CPR with AED and Standard First Aid certified
- Member of AASDN, American Academy of Sports Dietitians and Nutritionists.
- Member of the NSCA, National Strength & Conditioning Association
Mark’s passion is in teaching wellness to others on a daily basis. He is a committed wellness coach dedicated to providing unyielding support for members of his wellness community. His life’s work is a movement for a healthier, happier world in which fitness is a display of play.
- Volunteer Assistant Coach with UC Berkeley’s Men’s & Women’s Track and Field teams 2007-2012
Aspiring towards the innovation of modern human performance, Mark’s mission is to lead a literal movement within fitness and wellness communities that inspires the everyday athlete to live better, learn more, and train to play. Vision and leadership are synonymous with Mark’s approach to wellness. He exists to be an example for optimal health, fitness and nutrition.
- Developing Wellness Programs at the University of California, Berkeley for improving the Health & Wellness of their employees and staff since 2007.